Greetings!

It is my deep, dark pleasure to announce the annual Online Hallowe'en Artists' Studio Tour! This is my "treat" to you all, a special way to celebrate my favorite season, share some exceptional art by artists I personally admire and raise money for animal charities. With this blog, I hope to keep you up-to-date with proceedings and progress as we approach the yearly "launch" on October 1st!



Friday, July 13, 2012

ScareFest 2012!


July 7th found us haunting the 8th annual Toronto ScareFest!

Wow! The creativity blew us away!  This was our very first ScareFest and are they all like this?!  Unless you were there, you have no idea how awesome these artists are.  Dead bodies everywhere, in various stages of decomposition!  Cut-off fingers galore!  Monsters!  Zombies!  I was so in my glee!



And there were two artists I hope very much will join our tour:  meet Carl Chalupa and Ghoul Friday!  Carl is a photographer with an excellent eye for balance and composition, and gory bits!  There were so many incredible images in his booth, I invite you to visit his Room 57 website and get lost in his dark and delicious vision!  And ask him to come play with us on our tour!

And here's a view of Danielle's Ghoul Friday table.  I've been eyeing her work for awhile and was tickled to death to get to see her paper clay and other creations in person!  I found it too hard to choose only one so two came home with me:  Hubbert and Beezle.  Their stories drew me in, beautifully written in Danielle's creation book...  And a copy of the book "Brains vs Coffee" was the perfect, witty, well rounded philosophical debate on the merits of these two kitchen essentials.  Please give her a boo and visit her website, and beg her to come and play with us on the tour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment