Greetings!

It is my deep, dark pleasure to announce the annual Online Hallowe'en Artists' Studio Tour! This is my "treat" to you all, a special way to celebrate my favorite season, share some exceptional art by artists I personally admire and raise money for animal charities. With this blog, I hope to keep you up-to-date with proceedings and progress as we approach the yearly "launch" on October 1st!



Sunday, October 3, 2010

Culture Days Update

Before getting into the excitement of launching the tour last Friday, I wanted to share with you what an amazing event Stratford's Factory 163 hosted for Culture Days! And boy, was I in the right place! Volunteering on Sunday, I got to see the incredible Magic Toy Shop of Dr. Coppelius (based on the ballet Coppelius and a precursor to Frankenstein, about an alchemist trying to create the perfect living doll) created by the students of this summer's Setting the Scene workshop and full of eerie, strange body parts; the amazing students and their works-in-progress for Off the Wall's class "Creating Creature Costumes" and speak with faux-food artist Carolyn Horley as she created the most realistic bacon out of styro-packing sheets!!! WOW!!! Best of all she gave me her used gloves, covered in red "blood"! Oh, they'll be part of my Hallowe'en, for sure!!
I was also able to talk to visitors about bats and hand out quite a few bookmarks for our tour. It was nice to hear everyone comment that bats are our friends, they aren't viewed as negatively as I feared!

Photographically, this scene, also created by a Setting the Scene class, was the most gorgeously spooky!

Culture Days 2011 in Stratford? Be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment